Known as the genius that lit the world, Nikola Tesla inspired nations to come together in the name of peace and science. And he also inspired me to write this post. As a visionary far ahead of his time, Nikola Tesla has become for me, a source of inspiration and great wisdom. And today I would like to share with you 27 of the many lessons I have learned from this incredible man.
1. Science can make more progress by studying the non-physical phenomena.
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” ~ Nikola Tesla
2. Your body is a priceless gift.
“Everyone should consider his body as a priceless gift from one whom he loves above all, a marvelous work of art, of indescribable beauty, and mystery beyond human conception, and so delicate that a word, a breath, a look, nay, a thought may injure it.” ~ Nikola Tesla
3. If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” ~ Nikola Tesla
4. Genius requires solitude.
“Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.” ~ Nikola Tesla
“Most persons are so absorbed in the contemplation of the outside world that they are wholly oblivious to what is passing on within themselves.”
5. The brain is only a receiver.
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.” ~ Nikola Tesla
6. The gift of mental power comes from God.
“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.” ~ Nikola Tesla
7. Instinct transcends knowledge.
“Instinct is something which transcends knowledge. We have, undoubtedly, certain finer fibers that enable us to perceive truths when logical deduction, or any other willful effort of the brain, is futile.” ~ Nikola Tesla
8. The more we know, the more ignorant we become.
“It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations.” ~ Nikola Tesla
9. If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world.
“If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world.” ~ Nikola Tesla
10. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
“My method is different. I do not rush into actual work. When I get an idea I start at once building it up in my imagination. I change the construction, make improvements, and operate the device entirely in my mind.” ~ Nikola Tesla
11. When natural inclination develops into a passionate desire, one advances towards his goal in seven-league boots.
“When natural inclination develops into a passionate desire, one advances towards his goal in seven-league boots.” ~ Nikola Tesla
12. Life is a mystery to be lived.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”
13. Our virtues and our failings are inseparable.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ~ Nikola Tesla
14. Misunderstandings are always caused by the inability of appreciating another’s point of view.
“Fights between individuals, as well as governments and nations, invariably result from misunderstandings in the broadest interpretation of this term. Misunderstandings are always caused by the inability of appreciating one another’s point of view.”
15. You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.
“You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension.” ~ Nikola Tesla
16. A man cannot be saved from his own foolishness by someone else’s efforts.
“My mother understood human nature better and never chided. She knew that a man cannot be saved from his own foolishness or vice by someone else’s efforts or protests, but only by the use of his own will.” ~ Nikola Tesla
17. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.
“What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife… Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment…” ~ Nikola Tesla
18. All that was great in the past was ridiculed.
“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.” ~ Nikola Tesla
19. The future will evaluate each person according to his work.
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine” ~ Nikola Tesla
20. The influences that shape our destinies are very subtle.
“As I review the events of my past life I realize how subtle are the influences that shape our destinies.” ~ Nikola Tesla
21. It’s not the love you make. It’s the love you give.
“Its not the love you make. It’s the love you give.” ~ Nikola Tesla
22. The wonders of yesterday are today common occurrences.
“We crave for new sensations but soon become indifferent to them. The wonders of yesterday are today common occurrences.” ~ Nikola Tesla
23. Every living being is an engine geared to the wheel-work of the universe.
“Every living being is an engine geared to the wheel-work of the universe. Though seemingly affected only by its immediate surrounding, the sphere of external influence extends to infinite distance.” ~ Nikola Tesla
24. Patience is key.
“That is the trouble with many inventors; they lack patience. They lack the willingness to work a thing out slowly and clearly and sharply in their mind, so that they can actually ‘feel it work.’ They want to try their first idea right off; and the result is they use up lots of money and lots of good material, only to find eventually that they are working in the wrong direction. We all make mistakes, and it is better to make them before we begin.”
25. Races and nations come and pass away, but man remains.
“The individual is ephemeral, races and nations come and pass away, but man remains.” ~ Nikola Tesla
26. We are all ONE.
“Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them.”
27. Money does not represent such a value as men have placed upon it.
“Money does not represent such a value as men have placed upon it. All my money has been invested into experiments with which I have made new discoveries enabling mankind to have a little easier life.”
FREE subscription to Receive Quality Stories Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email below
Email privacy 100% protected. Unsubscribe at any time.