If you just got back from vacation, or you haven’t been making the healthiest food choices lately and you’re feeling a little weighed down, there’s a natural remedy that can help. A colon cleanse can be used to flush toxins from the body and restore the digestive system after a weekend or a few days of overindulging, and this one only contains two ingredients, both of which you may already have in your home!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar has a long list of uses, especially for those who prefer to use natural remedies. Not all apple cider vinegar is created equal, so make sure you buy the organic, raw, unfiltered kind. The nutritional benefits haven’t been filtered out, so the unfiltered particles will provide your body with the most benefits. Apple cider vinegar contains a bacteria known as acetobacter. This is a “friendly” bacteria that breaks down food in the gut.
The antibiotic properties of apple cider vinegar can help improve the acid content in the stomach, reducing heartburn and acid reflux. There are several antioxidants in apple cider vinegar that work to keep the body healthy, including catechin, gallic acid, caffeic and chlorogenic acids. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can even increase the body’s absorption of important minerals from the food you eat to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your leafy greens!
Organic, raw, unprocessed honey provides many excellent health benefits, partly in thanks to a phenolic compound it contains, known as eugenol. Eugenol has been shown to have anti-tumor properties. The active compounds in raw honey are believed to help kill cancer cells in the body, making it a great addition to a colon cleanse. Unfiltered honey also provides the body with probiotics, which help to restore healthy bacteria to the digestive system. These friendly bacteria help the body digest food and absorb nutrients.
Signs You May Need a Colon Cleanse
Toxicity from a blocked colon can cause several health issues. A combination of these problems could mean that your colon needs cleansing:
- Constipation – This could result from a bad diet, stress or chemicals and other toxic substances that cause the colon to try and protect itself by producing more mucus, which eventually builds up on the bowel walls.
- Aches – Headaches, backaches and sciatic pain may be the result of an impacted colon.
- Fatigue – Toxic residue in your colon can circulate through the blood to all parts of the body, causing fatigue.
- Odor – Bad breath, body odor and gas can occur when the colon releases toxic gas into the body.
- Acne – A clogged colon can cause toxins to overwhelm the pores and cause acne.
Natural Colon Cleanse
- 8 ounces of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- Shake the apple cider vinegar to mix up the unfiltered part that settles at the bottom.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until the honey dissolves.
- Drink each morning or any time throughout the day.
FREE subscription to Receive Quality Stories Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email below
Email privacy 100% protected. Unsubscribe at any time.