by Healthy Food Star
The thyroid gland is an important gland that affects on many functions in the body. This gland is located in the neck and mainly it produces hormones that help in regulation of the metabolism. IF there is an imbalance of these hormones the natural balance of the body can be destroyed. Dysfunction of the thyroid gland is difficult for diagnose because many people ignore the problematic symptoms. In addition we present you 8 signs that your body is sending when your thyroid gland is not working properly.
1. Weight changes – Hypothyroidism can cause unexplained weight gain while hyperthyroidism can cause rapid weight loss.
2. Bloating and swelling – Hypothyroidism can often cause bloating. Swelling and puffiness are most pronounced in the face so if you notice changes in your face check your thyroid gland immediately.
3. Trembling and anxiety – If you feel nervous, shaky and irritable, it means that your thyroid gland produces too many hormones and your metabolism is running fast. Also, there are possible problems with concentration.
4. Unusual menstruation – there are two cases of abnormal menstruation that indicate problems with thyroid gland which are: hypothyroidism – an extremely tough and long menstruations and hyperthyroidism – small flow or no cycle at all.
5. You react differently from most people on the temperature outside – those people who have disorders in their thyroid gland often, their reactions to temperature does not coincide with other people around them. People with hypothyroidism feel unnatural cold and those with hyperthyroidism feel warmness.
6. Hair loss, facial pallor – people who have problems with the thyroid gland have weak, dry and brittle hair and in some cases their hair is falling.
7. Pains that are becoming habit – The regular pain in the muscles and joints is a sign that you have problem with your thyroid gland so these signs should not be ignored and you should contact your doctor.
8. Change in mental functions – Low levels of thyroid hormones are resulting in constant fatigue and feeling of dizziness and exhaustion.
FREE subscription to Receive Quality Stories Straight in your Inbox by submitting your Email below
Email privacy 100% protected. Unsubscribe at any time.