Sponsored Linksby Angela Swift
The Spirit Science
The fear of not being good enough is so common it even has a ‘scientific’ name: Atelophobia! It’s the biggest saboteur in your dream creating world. When we have dreams and we have hopes and we have visions… the Not Good Enough (NGE) demon will disrupt, derail, and disarm you time and time again.
Stop and take stock of how big this fear may be for you: are you doing all the ‘right things’ but feeling like Sisyphus – that blasted rock will NOT roll up the hill in a flow-state (or even with brute force). Does this sound familiar?
So here are 7 quotes to help illuminate the shadowy world of the ‘Not God Enough’ demons.
1. “If it’s not hard, you’re not dreaming big enough”.
2. “When you’re trying to motivate yourself, appreciate the fact that you’re even thinking about making a change”.
3. “All I can tell you really is if you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don’t let anybody crush your dream.”
4. “There’s too much darkness in the world. Everywhere you turn, someone is tryin’ to tear someone down in some way; everywhere you go, there’s a feeling of inadequacy, or a feeling that you’re not good enough. I want to bring a certain light to the world.”
5. “Shame is the most powerful, master emotion. It’s the fear that we’re not good enough”.
6. “Never think that you’re not good enough. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning”.
7. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us”.
Ultimately, our stepping into the greatest vision there could be for our lives, involves the responsibility for changing the world: nothing less. And your Soul gets this, even if your brain doesn’t. When we set out to shine our brightest Light, we set out to change the world. And in our quest for that, we succumb to NGE demon who whispers in our ears time and again: you’re not good enough, my dear… you’re not good enough.
The only way to destroy the I’m Not Good Enough demon is to get to know it really well – like a best (if somewhat destructive) friend. Once you know how it operates, you can figure your way through. Do the work you need to do (belief work, energy work, chakra work, spiritual work, the physical work) to release the fear from your being. And get back into Flow – into letting the dream build itself around you; For you. With you.