Malunggay, (Moringa Oleifera) is commonly known as a miracle plant which has numerous health benefits. It originated in Philippines and Sajina in Indian Subcontinent and South East Asia. Due to its high nutritional content, it is also called nature`s medicine cabinet. Moringa`s amazing health benefits are known all over the world, but only recently in the U.S. and therefore it is considered as a remarkable discovery.
The best thing is that each part of this amazing plant can be used for nutritional and medical purposes.
Malunggay leaves are loaded with vitamins A, B, E and minerals, especially calcium since it contains four times the calcium in milk, three times the potassium in banana, and four times the vitamin A in carrots, seven times the vitamin C in oranges.
Moringa Health Benefits:
- Moringa leaves are an excellent source of proteins. Namely, they contain twice the amount of protein in milk.
- Moringa leaves are recommended for breastfeeding mothers in order to stimulate the production of milk.
- A tea prepared from young moringa leaves is recommended for people who suffer from athma and fever.
- Effectively cures ulcers.
- Has powerful anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Regulates the blood sugar levels and therefore is recommended for diabetics.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Moringa can be used in treatment of serious skin conditions.
- It relieves inflammation in joints and tendons.
- It improves eyesight.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- Relieves headaches and migraines.
- It helps with intestinal worms.
- Increases sperm production.
- Provide with god night sleep.
- Stimulates the metabolism.
- Can help with kidney stones and inflammation.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Boosts the energy levels.
- Improves calcium absorption and stimulates collagen formation, as well as the production of hormones, antibodies and enzymes.
- Moringa seeds are used to clean polluted water.