Sponsored LinksFermented foods are the most potent source of the beneficial bacteria that are capable of cleaning your body of toxins and heavy metals.
How to Make Naturally Fermented Pickled Beets
This recipe is for one jar of pickled beets (but can easily be doubled):
- 6 medium beets
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups water
- Optional Seasonings: mustard seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves
- Wash and dry the beets.
- Poke the beets in several places, place on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for about 3 hours or until soft.
- Peel off the skin and chop into julienne type slices.
- Pack beets firmly into a very clean wide-mouth quart-sized canning jar.
- Make a brine of sea salt dissolved in water.
- Pour the brine over the beets until the liquid is 1 1/2 inches from the top of the jar. The beets need to be submerged in brine.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for about 3 days before transferring to cold storage.