Reflexology is the application of appropriate pressure to specific points and areas on the feet, hands or ears. Reflexologists do believe that these areas and reflex points correspond to different body organs and systems and by pressing them it has a beneficial effect on the organs and person’s general health.
It is a therapy based on the zones in the hands and feet that are connected to the major organs. You apply pressure to the areas, and the results are a variety of benefits. These forms of therapies have been used in China and Egypt for thousands of years, and it dates all the way back to 4,000 B.C.
As an example reflexology holds that a specific spot on the arch of the foot corresponds to the bladder. When a practitioner uses thumbs or fingers to apply appropriate pressure, it affects the bladder functioning.
While it is not used to diagnose or cure health disorders, millions of people around the world use it to complement other forms of treatments such as anxiety, asthma, cancer, diabetes, headaches, kidney function, and sinusitis.
Benefits of Reflexology:
- Nerve Function
- Toxic Removal
- Nervous system stimulation
- Migraines and Headaches
- Speeds healing
- Cancer relief
- Increased Blood flow to specific organs targeted
- PMS relief
- Pain Relief
1. Use the chart to find the spot on your hand that correlates with the area needing relief.
2. Use the thumb to apply direct pressure. You can also use circular motions.
3. Apply the pressure for 30 seconds up to one full minute.
4. Repeat as needed.