Egyptian pharaohs used it as a spice for food and for a treatment of many diseases, inflammation, allergy, metabolic disorders, urinary retention, depression…
It’s an interesting fact that a bottle of black cumin oil was found in the tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamen.
Eastern people used to say that the black cumin is a cure for all diseases except death! Even the Bible mentions black cumin as an integral part of the bread, which eliminates bloating, cures diseases of the lungs, abdomen and jaundice.
- The black cumin strengthens the stomach, stimulates the digestion and the hormone production.
- It has positive effect on pulmonary diseases, skin disorders and difficulties caused by asthma.
- It soothes the bronchi, allergic asthma, cough and it strengthens the immune system and increases the production of antibodies.
- It prevents cancer because it stimulates the production of the killer cells and it protects the healthy cells from damage and destroys the tumor cells.
- It calms spasms of the uterus, stimulates menstruation, eases the pain during childbirth and it provides milk for the breastfeeding.
- It has shown good results in treatment of children suffering from bronchitis, asthma, various allergies and atopic eczema.
Black cumin oil
The most important product of the black cumin is the black cumin oil, which contains a hundred of active substances. It’s obtained with cold pressing to the ripe seeds of black cumin and it contains nigellon – which expands the bronchi and relaxes the muscles and thymoquinone – that lowers the blood cholesterol, stimulates the secretion of bile and facilitates the digestion. In addition, the black cumin oil heals lung diseases, bronchial asthma, migraine, prevents hair loss and obesity.
It also has antibacterial activity.
Used for a long time, it eliminates the symptoms of rheumatism, diabetes, severe inflammation and high blood pressure. Therefore, people suffering from diseases like this should consume food enriched with black cumin oil , for a period of six months.
The black cumin oil is recommended as an addition to salads, it also can be used for cooking but it should be added before the end of the cooking. It’s not recommended for long frying in order not to destroy the medicinal substances.
For the treatment of diseases, you should take 25 drops three times a day and as a prevention of healthy people, 25 drops during the day.
Black cumin tea against bronchitis and cough
Mix one tablespoon of black cumin, one teaspoon of chamomile and a half teaspoon of anise into cup with hot water. Let it steer for 10 minutes, strain , and one teaspoon honey and drink it several times during the day.
Syrup against asthma
Mix one teaspoon of chopped black cumin, two crushed cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of honey. Take one teaspoon every morning on an empty stomach. You will see progress after three weeks.