Sponsored LinksStomach problems, unexplained weight loss or gain, irritability, depression, the list of side effects from conventional medications is endless! Every day, millions of people expose themselves to these potential dangers. Fortunately, Mother Nature comes to our rescue by providing an amazing nutritious superfood that has many health benefits and amazing medicinal properties.
Let’s take a look at some of the wonderful ways in which coconut, along with its variants such as coconut milk and oil can serve as an excellent home remedy for some of your most critical health issues.
Coconut – The ideal home remedy
The bounty of coconut goes far beyond from being a usual natural or a home remedy. Read on to know more about each of such ways in which coconut and its derivatives can serve as an effective home remedy.
Coconut, in its various forms, aids beauty and skin care in endless ways. Listed below are just a few important uses.
- Owing to its hydrating and soothing properties, coconut milk can serve as a very rejuvenating homemade moisturizer.
- Coconut water helps to restore electrolytes after exercise, vomiting, diarrhea, and helps flush out toxins.
- Make your own special moisturizing bath by combining the following: half a cup of rose water, 1 cup of rose petals and 1 cup of coconut milk to warm water.
- Make a moisturizing skin mask with coconut milk by adding some honey and almond powder to it, leaving it on for 15 minutes before you rinse.
- Coconut oil helps to heal diaper rash.
- Use coconut oil to treat sunburns and skin rashes
- Coconut oil can be used as a massage oil, natural lubricant, and works great as a sunscreen.
- Can serve as an excellent hair mask when massaged well leaving your hair soft and shiny. For best results, wrap your head in a warm, moist towel before the wash.
Apart from the basic skin and hair care benefits, coconut oil along with coconut water can help with a series of other conditions and ailments. Here, we’ve listed some of the most important uses of coconut as a natural remedy.
- The oil helps to treat the cradle cap on infants’ heads along with other forms of itchy and flaky skin on the babies’ heads and helps you get rid of lice, especially in children
- The oil gives relief from the itchy skin associated to eczema in adults.
- Massage with coconut oil relieves you of the joint and muscle ache that arises out of fatigue
- Having coconut water immediately after exercise or in illness helps to rehydrate the body quickly
- Both coconut oil as well as coconut water provides relief from Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) owing to their antibacterial , anti-fungal and antiviral properties
- Coconut oil helps to fight throat infection and mouth ulcers
- Having coconut water regularly helps regulate your blood pressure owing to the high amount of potassium content, making it a highly effective remedy for cardiovascular health
- Coconut water can help treat kidney stones
- Coconut water helps you lose weight owing to the medium-chain triglycerides ingredient which are easily converted into energy instead of being accumulated as body fat
- Coconut milk helps prevent osteoporosis by improving your body’s ability to absorb calcium and magnesium. It also helps stabilize blood sugar and insulin levels
- Coconut oil is useful in curing nosebleeds
- Massage with the oil offers relief from sore nipples which occur from breastfeeding
- With its anti-bacterial properties, coconut oil helps curb parasites and fungi that might cause ingestion and also lead to conditions like the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Coconut oil helps heal nail fungus
- Coconut water improves the functioning of your thyroid gland
- Boost your energy and stamina with the refreshing coconut water, rich in vitamins and minerals, while being low in its sugar and sodium content
- Regular use of coconut oil can help fight the bacteria that causes tooth decay