Why Baby Carrots Are Killing You

by Angela Garrison
What could I possibly have against these cute little “healthy” snacks that can be found in school lunchboxes across America? It’s back to school time and baby carrots are one snack to keep out of your childs lunch.

It may shock you that baby carrots do not come out of the ground that way. There is no little baby carrot garden where these are harvested. Manufactured baby carrots are a result of taking all the broken and “ugly” big carrots they can’t put in the package, grinding them all up, processing them into the “baby” carrots and giving them a bath in chlorine to give them a bright happy orange color. There are also “Cut & Peel” baby carrots that are widdled into a miniature form.

If you look on the package it doesn’t say “Chlorine”, because it was added as part of manufacturing and not added as an ingredient…why is that?

Packaged foods contains lots of chemicals both in the ingredients and in the manufacturing process. The tricky part is chemicals added as part of the manufacturing process are not considered to be an ingredient therefore does not have to be listed on the food label. So there is no way to tell what else is hiding in that box or package.

As defined by the EPA, Chlorine is a pesticide. Its purpose is to kill living organisms. So it would make sense that when you ingest chlorine, it kills some parts of our body like the healthy bacteria in your gut and intestinal flora for instance. Chlorine is a highly toxic, yellow-green gas most heavily used in chemical agents like household cleaners and can be found in the air near industrial areas especially around paper processing plants.
Exposure to Chlorine has been linked to health problems such as sore throat, coughing, eye and skin irritation, rapid breathing, narrowing of the bronchi, wheezing, blue coloring of the skin, accumulation of fluid in the lungs, pain in the lung region, severe eye and skin burns, lung collapse, a type of asthma known as Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS).

Chlorine is also added to the public water supply. So not only are you drinking it, but you are absorbing it through the largest organ in your body, your skin. In fact, 2/3 of human absorption of chlorine is from inhaling the steam in the form of chloroform and fast absorption through your open pores in the warm shower or bath. The inhalation of chloroform is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children… which has increased 300% in the last two decades. Other health risks associated with chloroform is cancer, potential reproductive damage, birth defects, dizziness, fatigue, headache, liver and kidney damage. Chloroform is also found in the air and in food, like baby carrots.

Conclusion: Stick to organically grown whole carrots. They are really easy to find as you can buy them at your local farmers market or grocery store. Wash them and cut them into sticks for your childs lunch box. Carrots are an excellent snack that we enjoy all the time. Enjoy!
Source: thealternativedaily

8 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. Chlorine is a poisonous gas, but there is virtually none left in the carrots. (Sea water is full of chlorine ions, too.) A little learning is a dangerous thing. Don't panic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Widdled?" Really? Do you mean whittled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's false. Read Snopes...
    http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think about it: When you bite into a baby carrot and look at it, you see a root in the middle. If baby carrots were ground up and "re-formed" into the shape of a baby carrot, there would be no root in the middle. Common sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have worked in the quality assurance dept of a produce plant before and one of my duties was monitoring the levels of chlorine in the veggie's wash water...chlorine which was used to kill bacteria or any other food-borne viruses that may have come into contact with the veggies. It was not used to give them bright happy colors. Citric acid was used to help maintain color and prevent browning. The author of the article should do a little more research before sounding like a moron in print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the chlorine levels may be safe, but thousands of people DIE every year directly, from injuries sustained from DIE-Hydrogen-OXIDE, which these baby carrots of death are saturated in.

    You can squeeze an **entire cup** of this deadly chemical, from a pound of "baby carrots". An entire CUP! That's not a trace chemical any more, its a major ingredient. Don't be fooled by its inert state: while it is, at most, a very minor chemical irritant if you get it on your skin, It damages your ability to breathe if you get it in your lungs and can even suffocate you!
    Die-Hydrogen Oxide is added as a booster to nearly every pesticide, is a major constituent of **every single tumor** every pulled from for a human body; and the corrupt FDA refuses to regulate it. After a lifetime of secretly consuming DIE-hydrogen -Oxide, your organs could be literally sloshing in the stuff.
    So now you know.
    Adam Black

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Stephan kinder.. Learn how to spell YOU'RE you fucking RETARD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read at some point that you can drive the chlorine off by boiling the water for 15 minutes…. yet with soooo much harmful chemicals in not only added in the processing and or manufacturing of foods … but foods actually having been changed from their molecular levels by the GMO process .. not failing to mention the fertilizing with processed raw sewage … and contaminants added in the preparation of soils .. Somehow chlorine is one of the smaller problems mainstream has in the deliberate poisoning of our foods …

    ReplyDelete

+